Monday, January 3, 2011

The First Chapter in My book!

Hello, I am Mindona Elliot. I am age 10, and a 5th grader at Millsbird  Elementary School. I have fire red hair, the length is to my elbows. I am 4.9 in height, and I have paper pale skin.
I have red freckles on my face, and light blue colored eyes. I have three siblings, that look nothing like me, or each other.
I am third oldest, the oldest, age 17 is Jack, he has light brown hair, and brown eyes, very tanned skin, no freckles, and is in Franklelots College.
Then there is Adreannah, who is 12, Bronze hair, up to her shoulders, and a couple freckles, palish skin, and is a 7th grader at Litmath Juinior High.
Then me, next is Jesse, age 6, he has brown hair, blue eyes,  tan skin, and a 1st grader at Millsbird Elementary School.
As I said, we look nothing like each other. At least the others, look like UncleDrake and our parents. I swear, I am adopted.
I have this weird shape on my wrist, its hard to hide. And sometimes when I am mad things explode, or fly out at me, and I have these crazy nightmares too. That is some of the reasons I think I am an adopted child.
Okay I am gonna get on to where everything happened on my first day of school summer five.
"Mindona!Jesse! Adreannah! Get up and ready for school!"My Mom, Linda yelled up the stairs into mine, Jesse's and Adreannah's bedrooms.. I tossed in bed 'School already?' I thought. I got out of bed, and made my bed, I went to my closest, which is filled of the latest styles.... To my Mom.
I put on this shirt with a light pink and purple star on it, and some  short jeans. I went to my mirrior, and decided to put my hair in  braids. I went downstairs and sat at the table, like always, I am the first child there. My Mom gave me some waffles and I ate as fast as I could, to tell the truth, I think school is a bit fun sometimes. After I finished eating, and as soon as the others got there. I went to brush my teeth, I always had healthy teeth. I finished brushing my teeth, and checked my cellphone, no new messages. I went to get my book bag when all the lights in the house turned off, I went over to the light switch, seeing if I could turn it on. I have always been afraid of the dark since I was 9. The most scariest thing happened to me. I will tell you later.... The ground started to rumble and shake. We never have earth quakes in London! The house started to shake harder, I started screaming. I heard the others screaming to, and my Dad came down the stairs and picked me up. He went to sit in a doorway I noticed the others were too, Jesse with Mom and Adreannah with Uncle Drake. All the kids but me were screaming. I all the sudden stopped  screaming so I could think straight.
But the next thing I knew, the same shape, the same figure, came out of my favorite chair behind my Dad. The same figure, of the thing I seen when I was 9.... I stared at it.. I stared at it.... I started to lose my feeling. And my dad was yelling my name and shaking me... as everything came all blurry and in flashes. Then, I noticed the earthquake stopped and the lights turned on and the thing disappeared. After a few more shakes the feeling came back, but everyone was staring at me. Not what I was staring at.
I stood up and walked to the door and got my book bag and ran out the door. With my family still staring at me.
What had happened back there that made my family stare at me like that? I didn't do anything but lose my feeling of my body. What if my soul came out for a moment? What if that happens again? I started asking myself in thoughts. I noticed I was in class by then. And I was getting my supplies out of my bag. My best friend came over. "Hi.... Did you experience the horrible quake this morning Mindona?" Revun said, he is my best bud. I nodded yes. But then the lights turned off again and every girl but me screamed, even my teacher screamed. What good is screaming gonna do if it doesn' t hurt or scare anybody or anything thats trying to get you? I questioned myself in thought. The earth started to shake and rumble harder then ever and  I feel down to my knees, and started screaming. For two reasons, A. My mouth started to bleed and come out everywhere. B. The ground was shaking and rumbling so hard that I just to fall. I started to close my eyes but forcing them to stay open. The quake stopped, I stopped screaming but was trying hard to stay awake.... My teacher screamed at the site of me and sent     Revun to get the nurse. I was crying in pain and holding onto my jaw at the same time. Somehow I hit my head and my head started to get the warm feeling of blood. I screamed. I was in so much pain. I was begging myself to die. I started seeing white specks in my visions. "I... am dying..." I made out before I started shaking as hard as the earthquake "Keep fighting Mindona, we know you can..." My teacher said. It took me till then to notice the lights didn't turn on... I seen the figure. right in front of my face. I tried to release myself from its stare I screamed more then ever, and shooked. The teacher noticed the thing in front of me and screamed her lungs out. And she fainted. Everyone else was trying to get me away from the thing since I seemed to be its victim right now.
I sobbed harder when the nurse came in and started nursing the teacher first. I was in a much worst shape then her. The thing touched my head and pounded my face into the floor. The other kids screamed " GET AWAY FROM HER YOU MONSTER!!!!" Yelled Revun. I watched him jump right on the figure but at the same time I felt pain in my leg. The thing was cutting my leg! Then the lights came on. I was reliefed and I noticed my breathing was  coming in short fast gasps; the nurse noticed me in the middle of waking up the picture, and gasped and then when people starred at the part of me she was looking at they gasped. I noticed it was my wrist they were staring at. I could'nt look at the wrist unless if I wanted to smash my face again. I somehow was able to get into a position where I could reach my bookbag and grab my cellphone, I was still fighting the pain as hard as I could. I dialed only three numbers.... 911.... Who else should I call. I put the phone up to my ear. "Hello? Hello?" The nice lady at the answering machine said. I couldn't answer. I could speak. The only thing I could do, but barely, was breath.
Revun noticed I wasn't talking, so He grabbed the phone from me. "Hello, we need a police and a ambulance." Revun said.
The lady said something. "Millsbird Elementary School. Classroom five." Revun said in respond.
The lady said something then Revun hung up and stared at me into my eyes.
He look like he was about to cry at the look of me all bloody. I stared back, trying to show him there is nothing to worry about.
I noticed something then. I noticed something I never did within the 9 of my 10 years of life I have known him.
He had a shape on his chin, very hard to see, it was a shape of a cloud. I just have this feeling, that its gonna be awhile before everything is back to normal for him. Maybe forever.
He kepted on staring at me, and when the people came, he begged them to let him go. The people stared at him. And for the first time, I noticed he was hurt too. Not as bad as me.
But close enough. The people aloud it. Because he was crawling around like he couldn't use his feet. They raised me and him on a stretcher and we were off.
On the way to the hospital. Oh boy you do not wanna know! I'll tell you anyway for those action lover readers.
There was another earthquake! I have no idea how bad! All I know is that we got into a accident and I got knocked out!
But when I woke up I was in shock. In shock that I was alive. In shock about where I was.
I looked around the room. I seen a nurse. She had some kind of stick in her hand. And instead of paper, there were parchment.
And also, instead of pens, I noticed, there were ink and quills. Then I noticed Revun in the hospital bed next to me. He was just staring at the ceiling.
Murmuring to himself. "Hi....." I said in a harsh whisper. I was relieved that I could speak again. He gave a little jump.
"Your... Alive Mindona?" Revun asked.
"Yes I am, what? You believe you can talk to ghost now?"
"Hahaha Mindona, I was getting very worried about you..." He sounded desperate.
"Whats wrong with you? I know we almost got killed, but wheres the humor?"
"You don't get it Mindona."
"I don't get what? Revun tell me!" I said, getting desperate.
"When you knocked out, the thing came back."
"Yes yes?"
"And it said something, something scary."
"More detail please!"
Ignoring me he said " He said.... ' Both your lifes are about to change deeply into sorrow and pain! ' And then disappeared into the darkness."
I stared at him, I stared at him in shock. After awhile of my silence he turned his head to me.
I kept staring at him. He stared right back. There was something in his eyes.
Pain. Pain was in his eyes. He never wanted this life. Nor did I.
I looked over to the side table. My cellphone was there. Yay!
I picked it up and checked the messages. One new message.

From: Mom

Mindona are you alright?
I have been so worried about you sweetie!
Could you do me a favor and call me when you recieve this message?
They won't let me into the room you are in :(
I love you.

To: Mindona ;]

I held on to the phone and sent her a text. It was something like this.

From: Mindona ;]

Mom, I am fine.
I have no idea where I am.
Revun is acting weird too.
I am bored and tired.
Ask the docters if I could have my laptop please.
I didn't want to call because it hurts me to talk right now.
So I am just laying here.
This place is super weird though. It has parchment instead of paper and quills instead of pens.
And the caretakers carry around a stick!
These people are crazy.

To: Mom

I tried to sit up. But a nurse came in so I just laid back down. She looked at me and I noticed, for the first time that me nor Revun have any cuts or bruises.
The nurse was  carrying a stick around. I was trying not to be rude or anything so I just ignored it. "How long have I been out?" I asked her. She didn't answer. So I just guessed she couldn't talk... Or maybe hear. She handed me a peice of parchment with writing on it, then handed Revun the same thing. Then she some clothing at the end of our beds, then I noticed the date. It was past my and Revun's birthdays and it was September 15th! Gosh time goes super fast! I was asleep for twenty days! Wow! I noticed that Revun read his parchment then stood up and grabbed his clothing and went into the bathroom. I opened the parchment. And was amazed in what it said.

Dear Mindona,                   
You may not know me but as soon as you get this
parchment I would like if you came down to the
hospital cafeteria. Bring your friend Revun to
please. I believe you have been through terrible
things but if you can walk please come!

        Your friend,
      Dalias Kluess



Haha, his last name sounds like clueless! I crack myself up! I stood up and grabbed my clothes, since Revun is in the bathroom I just dressed myself right there.
After that me and Revun went down the stairs to a sign that said CAFETERIA Yes, in blue letters. As I said, this place was weird. When we entered there was this old man.
The man had a long grayish brown beard down to his knees and hair to his chin. His eyes were black and shiny.
And he was also carrying a stick around! Is carrying a stick in style now? He came up to us and shook our hands.
He looked at his as if we were one of the most unluckiest things he ever seen, and perhaps the most weak. Maybe even puny! I am not liking this man at all for some reason or another!
"Hello children, I am Dalias. I am here to bring you two somewhere." Said Dalias.
"Take us where? I would like to know where a man is taking us if we do not know him." Revun said darkly.
I shoved him in the ribs but he ignored the warning " To Gostaria. I little village with a lot of shops" Answer Dalias.
"Well I never heard of it sir! We aren't restarting our lifes in a weird village!"
"But... But it will end up saving your lifes! Do you wanna know what has been following you and almost killing you children?"
"I do wanna know and if this will save our lifes then I will come but with permission of my and Mindona's parents!"
The man looked at his feet then. He looked up into my eyes, then into Revun's. Then looked back at his feet.
"Whats wrong sir? Did anything happen to our parents?" I ask the man calmly
"Yes, something terrible. The Fregwart, the thing that has been following you, came after them knowing it would break your puny little hearts. You aren't gonna start a new life, children. We are just making it how it should have been before, you will go to a magical school where you will learn you powers and how to control them. The school is called
Defense For Wizards and Vampires." I stared in shock. I never thought I would hear such a thing. A magical school? I may believe in myths and all but still, a MAGICAL school?
Then before I could help it, I started crying. I couldn't help it. They were my parents, they raised me. They may have kept me away from my real life, but still they cared and loved me.
Revun came up to me and hugged me. I could tell he was crying too. It is very sad, that we no longer had parents. Dalias let us stand there and cry for awhile. "On the 17th, come back here again." Dalias said and then he disappeared into a cloud of dust. "I will.... Um find something to eat for us...." Revun muttered to me. I just stood there, crying. My parents, dead, I can't even imagine them like that for all my life. How could this happen? I feel like all the bad luck came out onto me and Revun. I just never thought my life would turn this way.
Be a big girl Mindona, big girls don't cry Mindona. I can almost hear my dad say. I wiped my tears off my face and sat down.
Enough of that crying. I feel to never cry again. Revun came over with two omlets and hashbrowns. He gave me a plate and sat down.
I didn't feel like eating. I felt like dying. Not only because of my parents, because I was close to and felt that if I had died my parents would still be alive right now and not dead.
I felt like it was all my fault. I felt like a horrible person and I should not be alive right now. I stood up and walked to the room and came from. It changed.
Instead of looking like a hospital room it looked like a bedroom. There were two beds, one with a blue pillow and blanket, the other with a purple pillow and blanket.
The floor had a little curvey design on it and the wall was half blue half purple. I sorta liked it. It was something new. And with both of my favorite colors. I went to sit on the purple bed. Yep this one is mine. I seen my cellphone and picked it up, no new messages.I looked under my bed to see if some clothes are under there, yep. And my laptop yay!
I can contact my friends on facebook again. It might not cheer me up but it would be nice to make sure and see if the rest of my friends and family are alright. Like UncleDrake.
I opened my laptop and got the internet up, typed in the address I wanted and entered. I had no new messages.
Where is everybody? Are we witnessing the end of the world?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing that this is the very first story you've sat down to write. If you set your mind and heart to hard work at this, you will be brilliant! I know that you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at your talent. Nona loves you TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed, Abby! I can't wait to read more! I love you!
    ~Aunt Kyla

    ReplyDelete